Bodie finally realized what he has likely been able to do for months, basically step over his crib rail (well get his knee on it and climb out). This is how we got to this point above.
1. Friday night I took Bodie to my ball game and quickly realized that he was exhausted. He fought going to bed and tried to get out of the crib.
2. Joanne and Torbin came over for dinner Bodie did not want to leave the party. When I was trying to encourage him to lie down he basically grabbed me and climbed over the crib so I put the mattress on the floor and he fell asleep on that.
3. Saturday we took his crib sides off and turned his crib into a bed (thanks ikea). He fell asleep on his bed and when we went to check on him he was on the floor but with his blanket on him?!?
4. Dave put the foam on the floor with the thought being if he fell on the floor he would be more comfortable. He insisted on sleeping on the mat.
5. Dave tried to put Bodie to bed and I headed to ikea to buy a bedrail. I got home Bodie was yelling at the door. I went in and pandered to him (laid down and told him a story until he dozed off)
6. Tonight we put up the rail. I read to him for a while got him to lie down in his bed left the room by saying I would get his turtle. When he realized I was not coming back he started to yell. I took his turtle down.He wanted me to lie down on his bed but I wasn't going to be able to get up without waking him up. So I left again. He yelled screamed and pounded on the door.
Dave told him through the door to lie down and go to sleep. It become quite. We went in 20 minutes later and expected to see him lying on the floor by the door but he was in bed asleep.
So here's hoping we are back on track.
No comments:
Post a Comment