Tonight he was lying on his side with his chin tilted up with his hands close to his face, ready to be sucked if need be. In the past it was usually on his back with his hands up on either side of his head. A sleeping position I think most parents know well. He occasionally still sleeps this way and Dave and I let the other know so we can stare at him for a bit.
The quiet that descends on the house when Bodie falls asleep feels somehow heavy and deep and very peaceful. Yesterday morning, after I fed Bodie at 6am Dave got up and played with him and then they both
napped. When I noticed the quiet that had descended I too went back to sleep and had a lovely sleep knowing that my boys were looking after each other.
We had a wonderful Christmas. Starting on the 23 we went to the Bennetts' Christmas skating party. Bodie got out on the ice for the first time. He slept through the whole thing. I am going to chalk it up to him feeling very comfortable on the ice and me playing hockey the first 11 weeks of being pregnant.
| Bodie and Dave's first skate |
Christmas Eve we went for the traditional Christmas Eve walk (we decided not to let the rain stop us). Then dinner was here with Tim, Joanne, Torbin, Lynda and Ric. A lovely turkey potluck dinner was had with everyone bringing a favourite dish. (To be honest they were my favourite dishes that I requested others make). We have almost finished the leftovers.
Christmas morning was opening stockings, having Star Wars-shaped pancakes and opening more presents.
| Bodie surrounded by everyone's stockings |
| Surrounded by new friends |
Christmas Day was at Dave's sister's with family and friends. Bodie was super star throughout and seemed to enjoy hanging out with family and friends.
| Bodie in cousin Claire's Christmas hat |
| Bodie hanging out in what we call the command centre, trying to lick the elusive blue block. |
No comments:
Post a Comment