Sunday, January 29, 2012

Busy Times

To emphasize this title I started writing this January 14 and it is now the 29.
  These first few pictures are from New Years Day 2012.  






January 14

This is in 2011, the Bennett Annual Christmas Party
2012 has started with a whirlwind of activity.  My work has picked up substantially thanks to that favorite new year's resolution "this year I am going to get divorced".  I have started teaching Family Law at UBC again for the semester one evening a week and perhaps not surprisingly I never did get around to preparing my classes in the fall.  We signed the listing agreement yesterday with the real estate agent and our lovely home goes on the block in two week so we are desperately trying to de-clutter and clean in the hopes of having to do very few open houses.  I have got hooked on the Hungry games trilogy.  And I have some knitting projects on the go.

Bodie slept last year.

Oh and remember we have a kid who is almost 18 months old.  Bodie continues to be a joy.  His language is coming.  He clearly knows what we are saying (even if he tries to ignore us sometimes).  As for words he has (in varying levels or clarity) Da, Ma, ball, bird, more, dog, bath, up and my favorite turtle!!   It does deserve and exclamation point because it is so cute when he says it.  He started to say in on a Saturday so saturday night I knitted him a turtle so that I could hear him say it again the next day (I know there would have been easier ways to do that.

Bodie and his friends.


He likes company at meals. 
Bodie has definite ideas about what he wants and doesn't want now.  Some times it is obvious like not wanting to wear pants. Sometimes I have to use all my powers of observation and logic to realize waving a finger up and down while saying bababababa means he wants the stuffed bunny.  But really once you figure it out it seems soo obvious.

Bodie has taking to waving Dave away if I am around.  This morning Bodie wanted more milk Dave got it for him.  He was furious and would not take the cup from Dave, but when I handed it to him not a problem.
Still enjoys food in many ways.
Bodie has been sleeping through the night solidly for a fews weeks now.  It is lovely he is asleep around 7 and sleeps until 6:20.  As well his naps are like clockwork after lunch for at least an hour sometimes two.

He has taken to snuggling with stuffed animals.  He gathers in menagerie and moves them from location to location (usually dog, bunny and Hobbes and sometimes to my delight turtle).  He often likes to have them sit with him for stories or meals.  He often offers them food (apparently imaginary play is a milestone he should be hitting about now).

Bodie and I are taking another music class and enjoying it.

So we shall see how the house sales plan goes.  I hope we sell ours for a lot of money with a long closing date and then find the perfect home for cheap (just putting it out there).

January 29

Since last writing, Bodie managed to do a header out of his crib.  He pushed himself up like he was getting out of a pool and toppled out.  He obviously scared himself enough that he hasn't tried again (yet).  The crib is as low as it goes so the next step is toddler bed (luckily the crib converts).

His language is coming in leaps and bounds.  He now has added hello and a few other sounds that he says all the time for specific things like nana for banana.  The ba words are still confusing though, there really are so many words that start with B in Bodies world.




No comments:

Post a Comment