To think I almost forgot how much fun it is to build forts and tents. I read somewhere about making tunnels for infants to crawl through and quickly figured out Bodie loves them. It is apparently what he has been practicing his marine crawling technique for.
We made a fort out of his play mat.
We made a tunnel out of his exer-saucer.
And finally I got out the peapod for a ready made tent.
Tim, Kimiye and I used to spend hours building forts in our basement and backyard. It was awesome. I hope Bodie will develop a love of forts because I might look a little silly playing in them without a child.
I think Bodie's other front tooth might be trying to make an appearance. He was quite fussy yesterday. Of course it corresponded to a day when I was feeling tired (self-inflicted, last night of hockey followed by a beer meant not getting to bed until 11:30). Luckily for all involved it also corresponded with a day that EB was coming over to babysit for a couple of hours. (Well luckily for me and Bodie maybe not so much for EB). After a quite cup of tea and almost falling asleep at the coffee shop I returned to play with Bodie and his grandparents. Another full night sleep for Bodie (7 to 7), and now he is down for a nap with only 5 or 10 minutes of crying bloody murder and I feel back on track.
No comments:
Post a Comment