Friday, September 17, 2010

Bodie's first exercise class

I signed Bodie and me up for the Fit 4 Two exercise class at the community centre and after two classes I am glad I did. The first class I was very unsure if it would work or how Bodie would like it. He seemed to like it but I was concerned that it would be a one time thing.  But he liked the second class as well. 

The concept is quite fun. A "baby island" is set up in the middle of the room using the blue mats everyone remembers from elementary school. Then the babies are placed on the mats to look around and coo while the mums do a combo of weights and aerobics. If the babies need to be fed you feed then, comforted you pick them up.

The instructor is great. If any mum is holding a baby she gives them a modified exercise. Given Bodie is weighing in at over 13 pounds doing squats with him sure adds to the workout.

This is a picture of Bodie hangin' at class on baby island. Nope that is not sweat on his shirt. (btw the shirt is a present from his great aunt in England from a store called Boden. The tag reads "baby Boden".)

No comments:

Post a Comment