One of the reasons I started this blog was because I knew there would be little funny things that happened that would slip from our memories that I wanted to record.
For example on Saturday night, Dave and I enacted a silent film version of arachnophobia outside Bodie's bedroom door.
I have a mild phobia of spiders. It is not debilitating and I can deal with them if I have to but usually my chest constricts, I yell for Dave and make him bravely use the cover and fling method to get rid of it.
Well on Saturday night Bodie fell fast asleep in my arms while we watched a movie (Death at a Funeral). We managed to put him in his crib without waking him. Given the weekend we had (see previous post) it was cause for quiet high fiving as we left the room. I almost destroyed everything when a gigantic spider (about 3 cm) ran across the hall. I managed not to scream. Instead I turned on my heals speed walked into the bathroom to get a bowl and ran back and gave it to Dave. It took two attempts, as the spider was speedy but Dave managed to cover it slide a magazine under it and flung it outside.
We had to suppress our laughter until we were far enough away from Bodie's room to ensure we did not wake him up. I figure as long as we can laugh like that we are doing okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment