For the third time this week Bodie and I are at Granville Island. We had our morning exercise class and are killing time until the community nurse session. It is a beautiful last day of September. Bodie is sleeping peacefully (if you can consider his snoring peaceful). I am soaking up rays, letting the spit-up on my shoulder dry, trying to ignore the continuous car alarm, and reflecting on the week. Life really is lovely these days. It is hard to imagine a nicer place to hang out while on mat leave.
Bodie is 8 weeks old and is becoming much more interactive. His playpen has elephant heads that swing above his head. Yesterday he started hitting them, whether intentional or accidentally while flailing is a matter of interpretation, but it signals a few things:
Bodie is getting bigger. I will weigh him this afternoon so stay tuned. And Bodie is figuring out about his appendages. He seems to favour his left hand at this point. We may have a south paw in our midst.
The other exciting thing he does is make sounds (perhaps vocalizations). If you repeat them to him he will make another sounds and - wait for it - SMILE!!!
Very exciting!!
I have attached a video of the elephant bashing so you can make up your on mind on the intent issue (it also shows him kicking Hobbes the lion).
The next adventure for me is a weekend knitting course, which means Dave will get to spend two days with Bodie doing as they please.
Then the team is off to Edmonton for Rob and Angela's wedding. Our first family plane ride. We have rented a crib from One Tiny Suitcase. It is amazing what you can rent these days. If I wanted they could completely outfit everything we need for the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment