Monday, April 4, 2011

Getting to Play!

First I should say that Dave won the March Madness pool.  Bodie came 5th and I came a pathetic 6th out of 8.  We are watching the final game right now.  It is not a very good game.  Pretty poor offence. 

Anyway on to more important things.  Last Thursday Bodie and I went for a walk with a bunch of friends to Kits Beach.  It was a glorious windy Vancouver spring day.  Cherry trees were blooming and spring flowers were out everywhere.  (I am glad I took photos or I would not have believed it given what a miserable raining cold day it is today).

When we got to Kits all the kids took turns on the swings.  Bodie really enjoyed it.  The picture makes it look like it is really close to the ground but it is a normal swing.  Bodie was fascinated by the girl on the big kid swing beside him that was going really high. 



















Bodie has been enjoying pulling down the tent and wandering around with the table cloth on his head.  It is a new version of the where's Bodie game we all love so much.



















We are soon going to have to gate the kitchen off.  I probably should have done it a few days ago, but I love watching Bodie remember that there is another room around the corner and set off to explore.  He celebrates making it to the far end of the kitchen by licking the fridge.  He definitely knows that things exist even if he can't see them.  When he drops a spoon from his high chair he looks over the edge searching for it.  He also knows there is an electrical cord behind the chair that he hasn't had the chance to chew on yet.  Every so often he makes a break for it, hoping that this time he will be able to sink his teeth into it.

Having said that his second top tooth is definitely starting to make an appearance.  They are some seriously sharp teeth.  I am encouraging him to chew on everything in hopes of wearing them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment